Special Strong seeks to empower the mind, body, and spirit of the special needs population with the strength and confidence to live a more independent and abundant life. Through our services, values, and culture, it is our desire to unlock potential and unleash the “Special Strong” within every person!
To make a global impact on health, fitness, and education for the special needs community in the United States.
In 2011, Daniel Stein felt called to train children, adolescents, and adults with special needs. With certifications through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), the National Federation of Personal Trainers (NFPT) and becoming a Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer, Daniel specializes in health and fitness for the special needs population. In 2016, Daniel and his wife, Trinity, started Special Strong.
Special Strong operates with Christian values from the Bible, which drives everything that we do with our clients. Since the launch of Special Strong, their team has been able to improve the lives of hundreds of clients affected by autism, asperbergs, down syndrome, ADD/ADHD, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries, stroke victims, obesity, and much more! It is their desire to expand Special Strong into new markets with the desire to affect positive change in as many lives as possible.
Our Core Values
At Special Strong, we are governed by Christian values, using the acronym “SPHERES.” We created this acronym because we realized that every single person has their own “spheres” of influence. Through stewardship & generosity, passion, humility, empathy, respect & integrity, excellence, and a focus on success, we have created a life-giving culture where solutions can be created, people can prosper and God can be glorified.
Who we are
We are Faithful Stewards Who Practice Generosity Towards Other
“Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.” 2 Corinthians 9:6
- Give extra care and attention to our clients and team with safety as our number one priority
- Commit to use our time, treasure, and talents to glorify God in everything we do
- Improve on our gifts and strengths by seeking further education
- Intentional with giving words of encouragement and gratitude to make others feel valued and appreciated
- Serve the community, ministries, and non-profits with our resources
We Reflect Passion with our Business, Clients, and Health & Fitness
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for people.” Colossians 3:23-24
- Inspire others by doing everything with all of our heart
- Serve our clients and each other as a team through the high quality of our products and services
- Operate as “thermostat leaders” that creates a positive, energizing, optimistic and fun environment
- Value, promote and live a virtuous lifestyle that protects our reputation as a company with Christian values
- Lead by example with a healthy lifestyle through exercise and nutrition
We Walk in Humility by Thinking About Ourselves Less
“Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.” Philippians 2:3
- Place God First, others second, and ourselves last.
- Recognize the source of all blessing and success comes from the Lord, not man
- Extend grace and accountability to turn mistakes into opportunities
- Commitment to personal growth and continuous improvement
- Hungry for honest feedback from clients and teammates
We Seek to Relate and Understand Another Person’s Walk of Life
“Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This is a summary of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.” Matthew 7:12
- Help others realize that we are all unique and “Special Strong!”
- Practice sensitivity towards the feelings, thoughts, and experiences of others
- Accept others where they are without judgment – physically, spiritually, and emotionally
- Show appreciation through positive reinforcement, rewards, and genuine incentives
Respect & Integrity
We Act the Same in Public and Private with Respect Towards all People & Their Beliefs
“Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.” Philippians 4:8
- Communicate what we mean, and mean what we say
- Do the right thing, knowing that someone is always watching.
- Show that we care about others by listening to what they have to say
- Assume the best in each person to bring out their best
- Show respect for and value all individuals for their diverse backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, styles, and ideas
We Strive for Excellence, Not Perfection
“Then this Daniel became distinguished above all the other presidents and high officers because an excellent spirit was in him. And the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom.” Daniel 6:3
- Use initiative to act on opportunities and do more than is required of us
- Fuel all of our actions by remembering “why” we do what we do
- Never settling for “good enough” with our team, products, and services
- Always leave people and places better than you found them
We Define Success as Maximizing our God-Given Gifts to Serve Others
“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
- Achieve results from our God-given gifts and celebrate when we do
- Help people to be their best by providing coaching and feedback
- Have fun while working with others as a team to accomplish results and win
- Choose to have a positive attitude and drive to get the job done
- Make the tough decisions to protect the SPHERES culture