Tell Us What You Do
Dynamic Development Strategies, LLC believes in the power of nonprofits to make a difference in our communities. Overcoming the challenges in planning, funding and creating strong teams can be overwhelming to a new or emerging charity.
Our mission is creating nonprofit success through dynamic interim leadership and strategic fundraising. We specialize in smaller nonprofits and startups. Additionally, founder Michelle Crim is involved in the special needs community because of her youngest who has Down syndrome. Dynamic Development Strategies works with several nonprofits who champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities such as Hope Center 4 Autism, Each and Everyone Foundation and Our Mother of Perpetual Help.
We offer a range of fundraising services to help nonprofits to start or grow their development efforts.
- Interim Staffing – Interim Executive Director and Director of Development roles to keep your organization running and growing
- Coaching & Training – Providing one-time or on-going fundraising coaching, counsel and training on board governance, best practices, and other nonprofit-focused topics for boards and staff
- Strategy Alignment – Review current fundraising strategies and offer recommendations to maximize your efforts and align them with your mission and goals
- Grant Management – Component or turn-key support for research, writing proposals, creating materials, tracking outcomes and post-award financial management and reporting.
As part of these four focus areas, we offer three types of services to our clients based on whether they are seeking counsel or need additional help in planning and implementing the work.
- Advising – three levels of coaching plans
- Planning – five different types of fundraising options plus can create a customized version
- Implementing – when a client needs short-term assistance in carrying out the work
Tell Us Your Story and How You Got Started
In November 2018, Michelle started with her first client, The Hope Center for Autism. At first, the idea of moving into full-time consulting work seemed overwhelming. There were so many business decisions and ways to structure this new venture. After much thought and prayer, the concept became clear.
Michelle saw the overwhelming need to help small nonprofits with their fundraising needs. Oftentimes, there isn’t money in the budget or staff time to devote fully to fundraising efforts. After 20 years in nonprofit management in a variety of fundraising roles, Michelle realized there was an opportunity to merge her passion to help smaller nonprofits with her background and expertise.
In January 2019, Dynamic Development Strategies was formed. At this point, we have three, ongoing clients who were part of Michelle’s network. The work includes interim development work, writing curated content for a nonprofit business journal and building a grants program from scratch for a new nonprofit.
It was quickly apparent that a focused approach was needed to outline the type of work and clients best suited for Dynamic Development Strategies. Along with ongoing networking in the nonprofit community, additional sales and marketing training helped develop processes and strategies to grow the business. Designing a sales pipeline process was crucial to handle the flow of business development activities and make sure follow-ups were handled in a timely manner.
As of the time of this writing, Dynamic Development Strategies has eight clients which range from short-term contracts to ongoing projects.
Your Vision, Our Roadmap
Our mission is creating nonprofit success through dynamic interim leadership and strategic fundraising.