Complete the online application
Wait 2-3 business days for your application to be verified and approved.
Provide the location of your 15-mile radius territory.
Submit proof of insurance.
Once you get approved, you will get a link to submit payment for your first year as a Special Strong affiliate.
E-sign the annual license agreement and FDD.
Unleash the Special Strong Within!
You are an official affiliate. Go unleash Special Strong in the community!
- Must be an NCCA accredited personal trainer or have equivalent fitness and/or education experience
- Must be a Special Strong Level 1 Certificate holder before applying for affiliation. If an applicant plans to offer group training, we also require the Special Strong Group Instructor Certification. You can learn more about our courses here.
Proof of Insurance
U.S. affiliates will be required to submit proof of insurance. Insurance can be purchased from a variety of companies. We recommend K&K insurance to our affiliates.
You are required to send us a certificate of insurance (COI) with the following information:
- Comprehensive general liability of $1,000,000 per occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate.
- Professional liability coverage of $1,000,000.00.
Please list the following as named insured on your policy: your corporate entity, your name, and your Special Strong DBA (if applicable).
You must list Special Strong as an additional insured (certificate holder). The address for Special Strong as additional insured is:
3420 Eldorado Pkwy Ste 4
McKinney, TX 75070
You must also list each physical gym location and include each physical gym address as an additional insured (certificate holder). If you are renting space at someone else's gym, you must include the owner/lessor's name.
In the box labeled "Description of Operations/Locations…", include the following:
- Your physical gym address.
- The verbiage "Certificate holder added as additional insured."
All Other Affiliates
While we do not require our other international affiliates to submit proof of insurance, we strongly recommend they carry it.
As of February 1, 2020, affiliation costs US $5,000 annually and requires a one time additional $5,000 start-up fee for the onboarding training process. Affiliates in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and European countries will pay in their local currency plus applicable taxes. When it comes to exchange rates, we use mid-market exchange rate (like you'd find on Google or Reuters), provided by Transferwise.
Unlike most organizations, we do not do percentage-based royalties. Instead, we do a monthly flat-rate fee of $250/month
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What do I get when I become a Special Strong Affiliate?
- Legal use of the Special Strong name, logo, and promotional materials
- Promotion from Specialstrong.com
- Online operations manual on how to start and run your business
- Custom 7-day pass landing page (see example at specialstrong.com/specialoffer)
- Ongoing personal and business development support from Special Strong
How do I become a Special Strong Affiliate?
Visit our Become an Affiliate page and follow the application process: submit an essay about why you want to be an affiliate, license a business name, set up a business site, and take pictures of the workspace. Note that you must be a Special Strong Certificate holder (Level 1 minimum) before applying for affiliation. Click here to learn more about our Special Strong Certifications.
If I plan to operate as a nonprofit, do I still have to become an affiliate?
Yes. Once you become an affiliate, you are licensing the Special Strong name and making it legal to use that name. Regardless of the type of organization, you still must become an affiliate to legally use our name.
Are affiliates assigned a specific territory?
Yes, each affiliate will have its own protected 15-mile radius territory.