Special Strong seeks to empower the mind, body, and spirit of the special needs population with the strength and confidence to live a more independent and abundant life. Through our services, values, and culture, it is our desire to unlock potential and unleash the “Special Strong” within every person!
To make a global impact on health, fitness, and education for the special needs community in the United States.
In 2011, Daniel Stein felt called to train children, adolescents, and adults with special needs. With certifications through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), the National Federation of Personal Trainers (NFPT) and becoming a Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer, Daniel specializes in health and fitness for the special needs population. In 2016, Daniel and his wife, Trinity, started Special Strong.
Special Strong operates with Christian values from the Bible, which drives everything that we do with our clients. Since the launch of Special Strong, their team has been able to improve the lives of hundreds of clients affected by autism, asperbergs, down syndrome, ADD/ADHD, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries, stroke victims, obesity, and much more! It is their desire to expand Special Strong into new markets with the desire to affect positive change in as many lives as possible.
Our Core Values
At Special Strong, we are governed by Christian values, using the acronym "STRONG." Through our values, we have created a life-giving culture where solutions can be created, people can prosper, and God can be glorified.
We Put Our Individual Goals Aside for the Sake of Others
“No one should seek their own good, but the good of others.” 1 Corinthians 10:24
- Strive to give selfless service by placing God first, others second, and ourselves last
- Live generously with our time, treasures, and talents with no strings attached
- Serve the community, ministries, and non-profits with our resources
We are Real People who are Real with People
“And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
- Demonstrate honesty and openness to make decisions and deliver information
- Conduct and display our services with complete and open transparency
- Have the respect to confront issues and problems that arise in order to grow to the next level
We are Relationship Focused First and Profit Second
“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” Matthew 6:33
- Fuel all of our actions by remembering “why” we do what we do
- Assume the best by extending our trust before trust is earned
- Focus everything on the relationship and everything else will follow
We Own Our Unique Roles and Take 100% Responsibility
“But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor. For each will have to bear his own load.” Galatians 6:4-5
- Use initiative to act on opportunities and do more than is required of us
- Commitment to personal growth and continuous improvement
- Hungry for honest feedback from clients and teammates
We Seek to Relate and Understand Another Person’s Walk of Life
“Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This is a summary of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.” Matthew 7:12
- Practice sensitivity towards the feelings, thoughts, and experiences of others
- Accept others where they are without judgment – physically, spiritually, and emotionally
- Show respect for and value all individuals for their diverse backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, styles, and ideas
We are Faithful Stewards of God's Company
The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it. The world and all its people belong to him. Psalms 24:1
- God is the owner; we commit our decisions and plans to prayer to receive God's direction
- Give extra care and attention to our clients and team with safety as our number one priority
- Value, promote and live a virtuous lifestyle that protects our reputation as a company with Christian values